No one ever said that being a parent was easy. It’s quite the opposite, in fact. And there’s so much conflicting information out there that looking for answers can be just as confusing as having no information at all. And don’t get me started on the well-meaning friends and relatives who insist that their way is the right way.
We can’t promise that they’ll solve all of your problems, but here are 18 clever tricks that might make parenting feel a little less daunting.
1. A laundry basket keeps toys — and kids — contained in the bath.
2. Attaching a hook to the back of the high chair will make mealtime so much easier.
It’s the perfect place to hang things like rags and bibs.
3. “Monster Spray” helps frightened children calm down before bed.
Simply place stickers on a spray bottle and let them take it to bed. Don’t fill it with anything. Just tell them that monster spray is a gas that humans can’t detect. They can spray their bedrooms with reckless abandon, and they’ll never make a mess.
4. Stretching a crib sheet over the play pen keeps insects from biting your baby.
It provides some nice shade, too.
5. Freeze a pacifier in milk or formula to soothe a teething baby.
Fill a small ice cube tray with milk or formula, insert pacifiers into each cup, and freeze. All you have to do after that is pop one out, hand it to your little one, and let them take care of the rest.
6. Soaking a washcloth in warm chamomile tea can help calm down babies who are feeling a little fussy.
Just let them chew on it a bit, and make sure the tea isn’t too hot!
7. Use a marker to make simple dosage tables on medicine bottles.
This will allow you to keep track of when you’ve given each dose. It’s especially helpful for sleep-deprived parents.
8. A sliced pool noodle keeps doors from slamming.
And the extra padding makes it difficult for kids to slam their fingers in the door.
9. Pool noodles are also great for keeping little kids safely in bed.
It’s also great for traveling with little ones who still aren’t used to sleeping in big-kid beds.
10. Keep kids from wasting toilet paper with the addition of a cute sign.
Using a road sign is a fun, friendly way to remind kids not to unravel the whole darn thing.
11. Make sidewalk chalk that fits inside old deodorant containers to avoid messes.
You can use this recipe.
12. Put a little bit of hot glue on the bottom of your kids’ slippers for some added traction.
13. Silicone cupcake liners prevent car cupholders from getting gross.
In fact, this trick is great for everyone.
14. Using BandAids can help keep tiny fingers out of electrical outlets.
Hotel rooms aren’t always safe, so sticking some BandAids over the outlets is a quick, easy way to keep your kids out of harm’s way.
15. Load small toys into a mesh bag and toss it in the washing machine.
It’s a great way to sanitize toys, because you never really know where they’ve been.
16. Use a lint roller to clean up craft spaces.
Glitter is a nightmare to clean up, but this trick makes it easier.
17. Attach an empty tissue box to a full one for easy disposal.
This will keep gross, germy tissues from piling up elsewhere.
18. For older kids, write laundry instructions on the washing machine with dry-erase markers.
Teach kids to do their own laundry with step-by-step instructions.
You’ll probably still have your fair share of issues, messes, and tears as a parent, but that’s okay. You’re doing better than you think.
VIA : http://www.viralnova.com