As the proud owner of a rescued dog, I know all too well what a difference a few days of love, good food, and a comfy puff can do for a scared pet.
While my dog was “just” malnourished, I’ve written about plenty of pups and kittens who saw God knows what in their past lives. But once they’re shown some affection and a good home, their whole demeanor, and hopefully perspective on life, changes.
To prove just that point, check out some of these amazing before and after adoption photos. Get ready for some serious feels.
1. Luna was found starving and covered in mud. Just look at her delight after finding her forever home!
2. Penny was rescued from the county shelter with a slew of medical problems…but that all changed after some trips to the vet and a whole lotta love.
3. Bug was found in the middle of nowhere not long after she gave birth. She was so timid until she went home with her mom.
4. Vitório was found on the streets severely beaten and incredibly malnourished. Now he’s in a loving home with plenty of furry companions.
5. Lilo didn’t come into her beautiful “erect ears” until she was free of the shelter.
6. When she found Wombat, his rescuer thought he was blind. Luckily, he wasn’t and he’s now living the good life.
7. Poor Lily was forced to fight and lost an ear from it. After six days, she stole her new human’s hearts.
8. Gunny had been at the shelter for more than 100 days when his new owner fell in love with him.
9. An amazing Good Samaritan rescued this stray dog from the streets in Chile.
10. This sweet girl was surrendered with a few other litter mates. After some time in a new home, she clearly found her joy.
11. Matilda was found wandering on the side of the road with mange. A visit to the vet and a little love was all it took to get her back to 100%.
12. Pickles was so scared when he was in the shelter, but now he’s happy as can be!
13. Lea went from scared and grey to fabulous and snowy white!
14. Benny was found on the street with mange and a ton of other health issues. After some time in foster care, the cutie went to a forever home.
15. Her forever mom had no idea that Kibby would go from frail kitten to a fluffy, hyper cat.
16. Taboo was pulled from a kill shelter in the knick of time and after some training, she’s become quite a lovely lady.
It’s clear that anything is possible with a little love, a ton of treats, and a trip to the vet. I highly recommend opting to adopt rather than shop. Saving one life saves the others who can be taken in after them.
VIA : http://www.viralnova.com