Museum and art exhibits are often meant to challenge the way we perceive the world around us.
Some take strange and bizarre forms to mess with our heads, while others resemble things that belong in nightmares. Either way, one thing’s for sure — museums can sure present some pretty freaky works of art.
These 20 exhibits may be interesting to look at during the day, but you definitely wouldn’t want to share a room with them after dark.
1. There’s no way I’d turn my back on her.
— NMS Collections (@NMSCollMan) February 15, 2017
2. Is it weird that I think it’s kind of cute?
— MuseumVenturaCounty (@MuseumVenturaCo) February 16, 2017
3. This, on the other hand…not so much.
— The Potteries Museum (@PotteriesMuseum) February 15, 2017
5. This is exactly what my mantle needs.
— The Tank Museum (@TankMuseum) February 15, 2017
6. And the award for creepiest tumor goes to…
— Carla Valentine (@ChickAndTheDead) February 17, 2017
7. There are so many disturbing things going on here that I don’t know where to start.
— Stephanie Hall (@StephanieMPR) February 15, 2017
8. Mermaids are not supposed to be this unsettling.
9. Because alligator foot purses go with everything.
— Thunder Bay Museum (@TBayMuseum) February 15, 2017
10. Yep, I’ll be having nightmares tonight.
11. She’s definitely channeling the Shining twins.
— Philbrook Museum (@Philbrook) February 16, 2017
12. At least it’s not staring directly at us.
— RCPSG Library (@RCPSGlibrary) February 15, 2017
13. No. Just no.
— Pusey House Library (@PuseyHouseLib) February 15, 2017
14. Here’s something you’ll never be able to unsee.
— Charlotte-Anne (@cachivers) February 15, 2017
16. That’s probably a good idea.
— MuseumEngRuralLife (@TheMERL) February 15, 2017
17. Could you imagine running into this terrifying creature?
— JHR (@Iacobus1) February 15, 2017
18. His face is basically how I’m feeling at this point.
— The Mary Rose Museum (@MaryRoseMuseum) February 15, 2017
19. This fine display really gives a whole new meaning to looking at things from another perspective.
20. Does anyone else feel a little violated right now?
Ready for some fun? Next theme is asking everyone to share their #Museum101 on February 15th
— CultureThemes (@CultureThemes) January 30, 2017
Which one of these exhibits creeped you out the most? Let us know in the comments, and don’t forget to share them to spread the freakiness around.
VIA : http://www.viralnova.com