Most of us know all about the murders of celebrities like Sharon Tate, JonBenet Ramsey, and Nicole Brown Simpson.
Their stories have gone down in history as some of the most highly publicized criminal cases ever, but you may be surprised to find that many other famous people have been murdered, as well. While the people below may not be as widely known, their tales definitely aren’t any less tragic.
Here are 10 celebrity murders that you likely haven’t heard about.
1. Reggae artist Peter Tosh founded the Wailers, which helped Bob Marley rise to fame. In 1987, three armed men broke into his home in Jamaica and shot him along with seven other people after they refused to hand over their money.
2. Britsh television actress Gemma McCluskie was killed by her own brother Tony, who she lived with, in 2012. She disappeared on March 1, and five days later, her headless body was found in Regent’s Canal. Police found her head a month later in the same area.
Gemma and Tony reportedly argued on the day of her murder.
After she asked him to leave, he grabbed her, hit her in the head several times with a blunt object, and dismembered her body. Security cameras recorded him carrying a suitcase filled with her remains to the canal the next day. Tony claims that he only remembers grabbing his sister.
3. English journalist and television presenter Jill Dando was shot in the head outside her home in 1999. A man named Barry George was convicted for her murder in 2001, but he was acquitted in 2008. Her case is still unsolved, but various theories have circulated over the years. Some blame a deranged fan, others think she was killed by a jealous ex, and a few think her death was the result of a professional hit job.
4. World-famous Italian fashion designer Gianni Versace became the last of killer Andrew Cunanan’s victims in 1997. He was shot twice in the head on the steps of his home in Miami. Nobody knows why Cunanan targeted him.
5. Hip-hop artist Jam Master Jay, member of the group Run-D.M.C., was shot and killed by two men who broke into his Queens studio in 2002 while he was working. They have never been found.
6. Bob Crane was a radio personality and actor who starred in “Hogan’s Heroes” in the 1960s. In June of 1978, he was beaten to death with a camera tripod while he was sleeping in his apartment. His friend John Henry Carpenter became the prime suspect, but he was never convicted due to lack of evidence. The case remains unsolved.
7. Reeva Steenkamp was a South African model and television personality whose life was tragically cut short on Valentine’s Day in 2013. Her boyfriend, Paralympian and Olympian Oscar Pistorius, shot and killed her in his home. He claimed that he thought she was a burglar hiding in the bathroom. He was convicted of murder.
8. Phil Hartman was a Canadian-American actor, comedian, and screenwriter best known for his roles on “Saturday Night Live.” His third wife, Brynn Omdahl Hartman, fatally shot him while he was sleeping in their California home, then shot herself. Her motive isn’t clear, but it has been suggested that her drug addiction and their marital problems both played a role.
9. Dorothy Stratten was a Playboy model and actress between 1978 and 1980. She was murdered by her estranged boyfriend, Paul Snider, who killed himself on the same day. Stratten had been having an affair with the director of a film she was cast in and separated from Snider, but later visited him at his home, where he shot her before turning the gun on himself.
10. Sean Taylor was a football star who played for the Washington Redskins from 2004 to 2007, when he was murdered by an intruder in his Miami home. While he was spending time with his girlfriend and their 18-month-old daughter, they heard noises outside their bedroom. He got up to open the door, but someone burst through first and shot him. Four young men were charged with his murder.
Did you know about any of these deaths? Tell us in the comments, and be sure to share this with others so that they can learn about these tragic murders.
VIA : http://www.viralnova.com